Just a stone’s throw from Borneo’s multi-ethnic cities are jungles teeming with life. From the early morning whoops of gibbons to the choir-like chorus of frogs at dusk, the soundtrack alone is enchanting. Lonely Planet Borneo is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Dive with sea turtles on the Semporna Archipelago, visit the water village of Kampung Ayer, or hang with the orangutans at Tanjung Puting National Park; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Borneo and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Borneo Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, customs, culture, the cuisines of Borneo, environment, responsible travel
- Over 35 maps
Covers: Sabah, Sarawak, Kalimantan, Brunei and more
Authors: Isabel Albiston, Loren Bell, Richard Waters
336 pages, 96 pp colour | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Aug 2019