A land of remarkable diversity – from ancient traditions and artistic heritage to magnificent landscapes and culinary creations – India will ignite your curiosity, shake your senses and warm your soul. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of India, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Immerse yourself in the sacred city of Varanasi, wonder at the Taj Mahal in Agra, or cruise the tropical waterways of Kerala; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s India Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – yoga, spas, volunteering, festivals, religion, history, cuisine, art, literature, architecture, environment, wildlife, trekking
- Over 220 maps
Coverage Includes: Delhi, Rajasthan, Kashmir, Ladakh, Agra, Varanasi, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Rishikesh, West Bengal, Darjeeling, Goa, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Mumbai (Bombay), Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kerala, Andaman Islands and more
Authors: Abigail Blasi, Michael Benanav, Lindsay Brown, Mark Elliott, Paul Harding, Anna Kaminski, Anirban Mahapatra, Bradley Mayhew, John Noble, Isabella Noble, Kevin Raub, Sarina Singh, Iain Stewart
1248 pages, 1056 pp colour, 256 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Oct 2019