Imagine a city, its skyline punctuated by minarets, Mogul-style domes and skyscrapers, its colourful, food-stall-lined streets shaded by a leafy canopy of banyan trees. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Enjoy Kuala Lumpur’s most famous street food on Jalan Alor, visit the busy shrine at Batu Caves, or shop for designer bargains in malls such as Pavilion KL; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Melaka and Penang and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - festivals, cuisine, religion, architecture, environment, wildlife, history, literature, music, cinema, dance
- Free, convenient pull-out Kuala Lumpur map (included in print version), plus over 25 maps
Coverage Include: Merdeka Square, Chinatown, Brickfields, Kampung Baru, Little India, Masjid India, Bukit Nanas, KLCC, Bangsar, Golden Triangle, Melaka, Penang and more
Authors: Simon Richmond, Isabel Albiston
264 pages, 264 pp colour, 29 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Jun 2020