Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet's Outback Australia Road Trips, your passport to uniquely encountering Australia's Outback by car.
Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you’ll visit along the way, experience Australia's iconic wide-open spaces and unforgettable landmarks, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the Outback, rent a car, and hit the road!
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Detours, Walking Tours and Link Your Trip
Covers: Central Australia, New South Wales, Adelaide, Darwin, Alice Springs, Uluru, the Olgas, Kings Canyon, Katherine, Coober Pedy, Bathurst, Broken Hill, Dubbo, Bourke, Cobar and more
Authors: Anthony Ham, Meg Worby, Charles Rawlings-Way, Alan Murphy, Carolyn Bain
128 pages, 128 pp colour, 25 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Nov 2017