Effortlessly chic cities, many with charming historic centres, contrast with soul-stirring coastal scenery, remote wildernesses and cutting-edge urban design. Inspiring food and a full menu of seasons make Northern Europe a premium cruise destination. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Scandinavia & Northern Europe, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Cruise Ports Scandinavia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Feast on history, art and culture in Berlin; be lost for words at the treasures in St Petersburg’s State Hermitage Museum; and soak away your cares in the Blue Lagoon near Reykjavik; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of the Scandinavia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Cruise Ports Scandinavia:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette
- Over 37 color maps
Coverage Includes: Berlin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn, Riga, Gdansk, Shetland Islands, Orkney Islands, Reykjavik
Curator: Andy Symington
Writers: Alexis Averbuck, Oliver Berry, Abigail Blasi, Cristian Bonetto, Marc Di Duca, Catherine Le Nevez, Hugh McNaughtan, Becky Ohlsen, Leonid Ragozin, Simon Richmond, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Regis St Louis, Donna Wheeler
324 pages, 324pp color, 75 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Jun 2021