Lonely Planet Pocket Rome is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Channel your inner gladiator at the Colosseum, view some of the world’s most celebrated works of art at the Vatican Museums, or toss a coin at Trevi Fountain; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Rome and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Rome:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 22 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
Coverage Includes: Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi and the Quirinale, Monti and Esquilino, San Giovanni and Celio, Aventino and Testaccio, Trastevere and Gianicolo, Vatican City and Prati, Villa Borghese, and more
Curator: Duncan Garwood
Writers: Nicola Williams
192 pages, 192pp color, 25 maps | Dimensions: 106mm × 153mm
Next edition due: Jan 2020