Stunning architecture, vital folk art, thermal spas and Europe’s most exciting city after dark are the major drawcards of Hungary and its capital, Budapest. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Budapest & Hungary, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Budapest & Hungary is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.Take the waters at one of the country’s 300 public thermal hot springs, step back in time in Sopron, or explore the limestone plateau of Castle Hill; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Budapest & Hungary and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Budapest & Hungary Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, architecture, landscape, wine, wildlife, arts
- Free, convenient pull-out Budapest map (included in print version), plus over 45 colour maps
Coverage Includes: Budapest, Danube Bend, Western Transdanubia, Lake Balaton, the Great Plain, Northeast Hungary, Northern Uplands and more.
Authors: Steve Fallon, Anna Kaminski
320 pages, 45 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Jul 2021