Discover the freedom of open roads while touring with Lonely Planet Germany, Austria and Switzerland's Best Trips, your passport to uniquely encountering this region by car.
Featuring 30 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures on which you can experience awe inspiring views of the Swiss Alps or Austrian Tyrol or the picturesque towns and castles of Southern Germany's Romantic Road, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Europe, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Germany, Austria and Switzerland's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
Covers: Germany, Berlin, Munich, Dresden, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, the Rhine, Romantic Road, Lake Constance, Switzerland, Swiss Alps, Lake Geneva, Zurich, Geneva, Austria, Tyrol, Vienna, Salzburg and more
Authors: Nicola Williams, Benedict Walker, Sally O'Brien, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Tom Masters, Marc Di Duca, Kerry Christiani, Catherine Le Nevez, Ryan Ver Berkmoes
416 pages, 416 pp colour, 125 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Feb 2020