Lonely Planet Discover California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Go star-spotting in Hollywood, marvel at soaring redwood forests, or sample vintages in Wine Country; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of California and begin your journey now!
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, family travel, visual art, cinema, literature, music, architecture, cuisine, wine, landscapes, wildlife.
Coverage includes: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Northern California, Wine Country, Yosemite & the Sierra Nevada, San Diego & the Deserts, Disneyland & Orange County and more.
Authors: Sara Benson, Alison Bing, John A Vlahides, Celeste Brash, Andrew Bender, Tienlon Ho, Adam Skolnick, Beth Kohn
416 pages, 416 pp colour, 49 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Apr 2018