Look beyond the chocolate, cuckoo clocks and yodelling – contemporary Switzerland, land of four languages, is all about once-in-a-lifetime journeys, heart-racing Alpine pursuits and urban culture. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Switzerland, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Ogle the glowing Matterhorn and enjoy apres-ski in Zermatt, stroll Geneva’s Old Town streets, hike through flower-strewn meadows or hop aboard the Glacier express; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Switzerland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Switzerland Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Swiss way of life
Coverage Includes: Zürich, Central Switzerland, Northern Switzerland, Mittelland, Fribourg, The Jura, Lake Geneva, Vaud, Geneva, Valais, Bernese Oberland, Ticino, Graubünden, Liechtenstein, and more
Curator: Gregor Clark
Writers: Kerry Christiani, Craig McLachlan, Benedict Walker
352 pages, 96pp color, 73 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Jun 2021