Like a giant wedge plunging into the ocean, South India is the subcontinent’s steamy heartland – a lush contrast to the peaks and plains up north. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of South India & Kerala, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet South India & Kerala is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get out into the wild jungles, bush and hills of South India, seek out magical beaches in the Andaman Islands or wander through ancient bazaars filled with intoxicating aromas in Mysuru; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South India & Kerala and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet South India & Kerala Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - people, history, spiritualism, cuisine, arts, architecture, wildlife, landscape
- Over 75 maps
Coverage Includes: Mumbai, Goa, Bengaluru, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Andaman Islands and more
Authors: Isabella Noble, Paul Harding, Kevin Raub, Iain Stewart
544 pages, 160 pp colour, 119 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Oct 2019