Adrift in the daydreamy South Pacific – deliciously remote and surprisingly diverse – you can de-stress or ramp up the action, with some superfresh seafood awaiting at day’s end. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of the South Pacific, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet South Pacific is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Laze on New Caledonia’s white sand beaches; learn traditional dance in Tahiti or hike through Fiji’s ‘Garden Island’, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the South Pacific and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s South Pacific Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, environmental issues, culture, arts, cuisine, health, language
- Over 110 colour maps
Covers: Easter Island, Fiji, Rarotonga, the Cook Islands, Samoa, American Samoa, the Solomon Islands, Tahiti, French Polynesia, Tonga, Vanuatu and more
Authors: Charles Rawlings-Way, Tamara Sheward, Paul Harding, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Craig McLachlan, Brett Atkinson
612 pages, 96 pp colour | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Dec 2020