Indulge your spirit of adventure on the biggest Hawaiian island. It’s still a vast frontier, full of unexpected wonders. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Hawai‘i, the Big Island, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Hawaii, the Big Island is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike trails through smoking craters at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, stargaze at the clear skies from Mauna Kea, and snorkel in Kealakekua Bay; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Hawaii, the Big Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Hawaii, the Big Island Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, lifestyle, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 40 color maps
Coverage Includes: Kailua-Kona, Kohala, Waimea, Mauna Kea, Saddle Road, Hamakua Coast, Waipio Valley, Hilo, Puna, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Caldera, Kau and more
Authors: Adam Karlin, Loren Bell, Luci Yamamoto
320 pages, 320 pp colour, 49 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Sep 2020