Discover the freedom of the open road with New York & the Mid-Atlantic’s Best Trips. We’ve selected 27 amazing road trips through New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Washington, DC, Maryland and Delaware, and Virginia, from three day escapes to week-long adventures, and packed them full of expert advice and inspirational suggestions.
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic’s Best Trips. Featuring 30 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can journey through the wine regions or explore small roads in postcard-perfect Pennsylvania Dutch Country, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic’s Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 42 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
Coverage Includes: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and more
Curator: Simon Richmond
Writers: Amy C Balfour, Ray Bartlett, Gregor Clark, Michael Grosberg, Brian Kluepfel, Karla Zimmerman
352pp color, 42 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Feb 2022