Endless beaches, timeless ruins, welcoming people, oodles of elephants, rolling surf, cheap prices, fun trains, famous tea and flavourful food make Sri Lanka irresistible. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Sri Lanka, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Sri Lanka is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Laze on a pristine, undiscovered beach, wander lost cities and ancient ruins, or hit the markets for a rainbow of exotic fruits and rich spices; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sri Lanka and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Sri Lanka Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, culture, politics, religion, beaches, landscapes, wildlife, environmental issues, cuisine, tea, festivals, events.
- Over 50 colour maps
Coverage Includes: Colombo, Galle, Kandy, Arugam Bay, Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Jaffna, Uda Walawe National Park, Bundala National Park, hill country, ancient cities, and more
Curator: Ryan Ver Berkmoes
Writers: Anirban Mahapatra, Bradley Mayhew, Iain Stewart
352pp color, 57 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Jan 2021