West Africa has cachet and soul. Home to the African landscapes of our imaginations and inhabited by an astonishing diversity of traditional peoples, this is Africa as it once was. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of West Africa, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet West Africa is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the Senegalese music scene in Dakar, sun yourself in the coastal paradise of Freetown, or hike through lush highlands in Kpalime; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of West Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet West Africa Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, religion, arts, cuisine, environment, sport, arts and crafts, culture
- Over 80 maps
Coverage Includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
Authors: Anthony Ham, Stuart Butler, Michael Grosberg, Regis St Louis, Nana Luckham, Vesna Maric, Helen Ranger, Caroline Sieg, Helena Smith, Paul Stiles
504 pages, 440 pp colour | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Sep 2021