Vast savannahs peppered with immense herds of wildlife. Snow-capped equatorial mountains. Traditional peoples who bring soul and colour to the earth. Welcome to Kenya. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Kenya, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Gape at a million wildebeest migrating across the rolling savannah of the Masai Mara; try to calm your breath as you get close to big cats and mighty elephants; take your pick from national parks for mountain hiking, wildlife spotting or snorkelling; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Kenya and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Kenya Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, wildlife, landscapes, arts, daily life, food, tribes of Kenya, national parks and reserves
- Over 71 maps
Coverage Includes: Nairobi, Southeastern Kenya, Mombasa & the South Coast, Lamu & the North Coast, Southern Rift Valley, Masai Mara & Western Kenya, Central Highlands & Laikipia, Northern Kenya, and more
Curator: Anthony Ham
Writers: Shawn Duthie, Anna Kaminski
416 pages, 128pp color, 71 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Jun 2021