Lonely Planet's Discover India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Wonder at the breathtaking Taj Mahal, bathe in the holy waters of Varansi, or take a houseboat cruise along Kerala’s backwaters; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of India and begin your journey now!
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – including customs, history, art, literature, architecture, religion, landscapes, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Delhi map, plus over 50 colour maps
Covers: Delhi, Mumbai (Bombay), Rajasthan, Goa, Kerala, Darjeeling, Varanasi, Amritsar and more
Authors: Abigail Blasi, Mark Elliott, Anirban Mahapatra, Michael Benanav, Sarina Singh, Paul Harding, Daniel McCrohan, John Noble, Kevin Raub, Trent Holden, Paul Clammer, Isabella Noble, Iain Stewart
448 pages, 448 pp colour, 59 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Nov 2017