This magical meeting place of East and West has more top-drawer attractions than it has minarets (and that’s a lot). Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Istanbul, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Istanbul is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop in the colourful and chaotic bazaars, visit the majestic Aya Sofya basilica; or take a ferry to the Black Sea; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Istanbul and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Istanbul:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – music, tourism, politics, culture, history, architecture, literature, cinema, language, cuisine, culture/etiquette
- Free, convenient pull-out Istanbul map (included in print version), plus over 35 colour maps
Covers: Sultanahmet, Bazaar District, Western Districts, Beyoglu, Besiktas, Ortakoy, Kurucesme, Kadikoy and more
Authors: Virginia Maxwell, James Bainbridge
256 pages, 256 pp colour | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Feb 2019