Australia is a wild and beautiful place, a land whose colour palette of red outback sands and Technicolor reefs frames sophisticated cities and soulful Indigenous stories. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Australia, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch the setting sun light up Uluru, grab a snorkel and explore the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef, or dine at the latest restaurant in Melbourne and sample award-winning wines in South Australia, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Australia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, sport.
- Over 155 maps
Coverage Includes: Queensland, the Great Barrier Reef, Sydney, New South Wales, Melbourne, Victoria, Canberra, Central Australia, Darwin, the Northern Territory, Perth, Western Australia and more
Authors: Brett Atkinson, Kate Armstrong, Carolyn Bain, Cristian Bonetto, Peter Dragicevich, Anthony Ham, Paul Harding, Trent Holden, Virginia Maxwell, Kate Morgan, Charles Rawlings-Way, Tamara Sheward, Tom Spurling, Andy Symington, Benedict Walker, Steve Waters, Donna Wheeler
1104 pages, 912 pp colour, 193 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Nov 2019