Lonely Planet Discover Europe is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Wander the corridors of Versailles, gaze up at the Sistine Chapel’s remarkable ceiling and sip ale in historic London pubs; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Europe and begin your journey now!
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – including customs, history, art, literature, architecture, religion, landscapes, cuisine
- Over 74 colour maps
Covers: Austria, Belgium, Britain, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland
Authors: Catherine Le Nevez, Alexis Averbuck, Anthony Ham, Sally O'Brien, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Mark Baker, Helena Smith, Neil Wilson, Kerry Christiani, Duncan Garwood, Emilie Filou
800 pages, 800 pp colour, 103 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Dec 2017