Formed at the end of the last ice age, and a popular holiday spot since Roman times, the Italian Lakes have an enduring, beguiling beauty. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of The Italian Lakes, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet The Italian Lakes is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Tour the vineyards of Lombard, get active on Lake Garda, be awed by Milan’s Duomo, 600 years in the making and now yours to explore; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Italian Lakes and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet The Italian Lakes Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, cuisine, wine and customs and etiquette.
- Over 40 colour maps
Coverage Includes: Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda, Lake Lugano, Lake d’Iseo, Lake Orta, Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, Verona, Cremona, Mantua, Bellagio and more
Authors: Paula Hardy, Marc Di Duca, Regis St Louis
280 pages, 280 pp colour, 20 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Jan 2022