Home to many of the world’s greatest works of art, architecture and gastronomy, Italy elates, inspires and moves like no other place. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Italy, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander through chariot-grooved streets in Pompeii, sample the abundant varieties of wine and olives as you tour Tuscany, or toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain in Rome; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Italy Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, cuisine, wine, customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 136 colour maps.
Coverage Includes: Rome, Turin, Piedmont, the Italian Riviera, Milan, the Lakes, Dolomites, Venice, Emilia-Romagna, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria, Abruzzo, Naples, Campania, Puglia, Sicily, Sardinia and more
Curator: Gregor Clark
Writers: Cristian Bonetto, Kerry Christiani, Marc Di Duca, Peter Dragicevich, Duncan Garwood, Paula Hardy, Virginia Maxwell, Hugh McNaughtan, Kevin Raub, Brendan Sainsbury, Regis St Louis, Donna Wheeler, Nicola Williams
992pp color, 143 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Feb 2020