Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice. Hilltop castles and green energy, beer halls and luxury cars, Alps and edgy art – southern Germany blends thigh-slapping tradition with clear-headed modernity like nowhere else on earth.
Join in the festivities at Munich’s Oktoberfest, step into the Schloss Neuschwanstein fairytale castle, or hike among the mythical Berchtesgaden Mountains; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Munich, Bavaria and the Black Forest and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, religion, sports, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and beer
- Over 34 maps
Covers: Munich, Bavaria, Stuttgart, the Black Forest, Salzburg, Around Salzburg, Nuremberg, Baden-Baden, Freiburg, Franconia, Regensburg & the Danube, the Swabian Alps, Birnau, and more
Authors: Kerry Christiani, Marc Di Duca
320 pages, 160 pp colour, 43 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Mar 2019