Steely skyscrapers, top chefs, rocking festivals – the Windy City will blow you away with its low-key cultured awesomeness. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Chicago, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Chicago is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire Chicago’s architecture on a river tour; visit the Art Institute of Chicago, or see a show at one of the city’s 200 theaters; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Chicago and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Chicago:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, politics, architecture, sports, cuisine, music, arts, cinema, literature
- Free, convenient pull-out Chicago map (included in print version), plus over 40 color maps
Covers: The Loop, Near North, Gold Coast, Old Town, Boystown, Wrigleyville, Andersonville, Uptown, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Ukrainian Village, Logan Square, Humboldt Park, West Loop, Pilsen, South Side, and more
Authors: Karla Zimmerman
320 pages, 320 pp colour, 42 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Feb 2020