The Dominican Republic is one of the Caribbean’s most geographically diverse countries, with stunning mountain scenery, desert scrublands, evocative colonial architecture and beaches galore. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Dominican Republic, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Dominican Republic is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch humpback whales from Peninsula de Samana, descend the 27 waterfalls of Damajagua or chill on the beach at Playa Rincon; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Dominican Republic and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Dominican Republic Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, music, dance, arts, architecture, landscapes, cuisine, baseball.
- Over 42 color maps
Coverage Includes: Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Peninsula de Samana, North Coast, Central Highlands, Southwest, Peninsula de Pedernales, and more
Authors: Ashley Harrell, Kevin Raub
320 pages, 256 pp colour, 37 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Oct 2020