Mysterious and often challenging, Central America’s most diverse country offers landscapes and experiences that have been captivating travelers for centuries. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Guatemala, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Guatemala is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore markets and museums in Antigua, get down with the Garifuna people, or touch the sky on Central America’s highest peak; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Guatemala and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Guatemala:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - cuisine, ancient ruins, history, Maya heritage, arts, architecture, politics, land, wildlife
- Over 45 maps
Covers: Guatemala City, Antigua, The Highlands, The Pacific Slope, Central Guatemala, Eastern Guatemala, El Petén and more
Authors: Lucas Vidgen, Daniel C. Schechter
324 pages, 96 pp colour | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Oct 2019