Lonely Planet Caribbean Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Travel back to the 18th century as you wander along cobbled lanes and past meticulously restored buildings at English Harbour, Antigua; hoist a jib and set sail from sailing fantasyland, Tortola, and enjoy the journey to one of the 50 or so isles making up the British Virgin Islands; or hit the atmospheric streets of Cuba’s Habana Vieja and join in the living musical soundtrack of rumba, salsa, son and reggaeton; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Caribbean Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Caribbean Islands Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – weddings, honeymoons, sustainable travel, cuisine, music, wildlife, culture, history
- Over 100 maps
Coverage Includes: Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Jamaica, St Kitts, St Lucia, Trinidad, Turks & Caicos, US Virgin Islands, and more
Authors: Mara Vorhees, Paul Clammer, Alex Egerton, Ashley Harrell, Anna Kaminski, Tom Masters, Carolyn McCarthy, Hugh McNaughtan, Catherine Le Nevez, Liza Prado, Kevin Raub, Brendan Sainsbury, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Polly Thomas, Luke Waterson, Karla Zimmerman
896 pages, 896 pp colour, 125 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Nov 2020