Lonely Planet Discover Japan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Uncover the delights of Japanese cuisine, bask in the awesome gaze of the country’s best temples and lower yourself into the tub in a classic Japanese onsen; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Japan and begin your journey now!
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – including history, art, architecture, onsen, ryokan
- Over 50 color maps
Covers: Tokyo, Japan Alps, Nara, Miyajima, Kyoto, Niseko, Hokkaido, Daisetsuzan National Park, Shikoku, Nagasaki, Kyushu, SW Islands and more
Authors: Chris Rowthorn, Wendy Yanagihara, Ray Bartlett, Benedict Walker, Simon Richmond, Laura Crawford, Rebecca Milner, Andrew Bender, Craig McLachlan
416 pages, 416 pp colour, 52 maps | Dimensions: 128mm x 197mm
Next edition due: Nov 2017